1011 K Street, Sacramento
Capital Books is an independent bookstore seeking a part-time plus bookseller in our Downtown Sacramento store. Although we’re a small store, we take pride in our curated selection, staff recommendations, and customer service. A passion for reading, an ability to build relationships within our neighborhood community, and a flexible schedule are all must-haves in a potential bookseller candidate.
We are growing and expanding to a second floor and need to add to our staff. Ours is a tight-knit team where we depend on everyone to carry their weight (and then some). We love ambitious, multi-talented people who can use the bookstore as a launchpad for their skills and creativity to shine!
- Stocking, shelving, and alphabetizing books.
- Recommending books to customers.
- Staying up-to-date on new releases and bestsellers.
- Maintaining a beautiful and organized store (dusting shelves included—we all do it).
- Updating and reviewing inventory on a daily basis.
- Assisting with answering customer emails and phone calls regarding their orders. We have a higher volume of this than pre-COVID.
- Online and in-store sales using our POS system, updating store inventory, checking order status, and doing special orders.
- Must be a lover of books!
- Availability to work some weekends and potential evenings (post-COVID).
- At least 1 year of retail experience.
- Self-sufficiency—complete basic tasks without supervision.
- Computer-literate. You should be comfortable using basic computer programs like Gmail spreadsheets, documents, and able to learn new systems and written directions and (tags, canned responses), checklists.
- Cohesive attitude—we’re a small, tight-knit team that likes to have fun and would like someone who values this in a workspace.
Lift a minimum of 40 lbs.
- NOTE! Because of the pandemic, staff members and customers are required to wear face masks while on the store floor. All our staff members are taking this pandemic very seriously—we take responsibility for one another’s health—and would like someone who will do the same.
Bonus skills that will lift you above all other candidates:
- Bookstore retail experience
- Book buying experience
To apply, please send your resume and a brief cover letter.
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Sick leave
- Paid vacation
Application Question: What do you like to read?
1,424 total views, 8 views today